One of the most thrilling experiences for a young adult is taking their first driving lessons. Normally, aspiring drivers must wait until they are 17 to schedule their first driving lesson, but with TrackDays.co.uk, children as young as 10 may get behind the wheel with an instructor and learn the fundamentals of road driving. There are even some options for 4-10 year olds! A driving lesson experience is the ideal present for a young person who wants to learn to drive, and we have 30 minute and 60 minute courses available - in manual and automatic. If you're attempting to coordinate anything with a birthday or other event, you may book straight into a date. You won't have to go far to take your driving course, since there are approximately 70 locations throughout the UK!
Driving Lessons Near Me
If you are looking to book a driving lesson or purchase a gift voucher at a centre near you, you can click into an experience and a full list of venues can be seen there. Just for convenience - we've listed them all below as well.
List of venues (all subject to availabilty)
- Makro Belfast, Belfast
- Newbury Racecourse, Berkshire
- Reading Mereoak, Berkshire
- Brierley Hill, Birmingham
- NEC, Birmingham
- Bristol Cribbs Causeway, Bristol
- Wycombe Wanderers, Buckinghamshire
- Milton Keynes Dons, Buckinghamshire
- Eden Shopping Centre, Buckinghamshire
- Babraham Road, Cambridgeshire
- Makro Queensferry, Cheshire
- Chester Football Club, Cheshire
- Carlisle Racecourse, Cumbria
- Exeter, Devon
- Exeter, Red One and Westpoint, Devon
- Edinburgh Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh
- Colchester United Stadium, Essex
- Lakeside, Essex
- Rayleigh, Makro, Essex
- North Weald Airfield, Epping, Essex
- Falkirk Stadium, Falkirk
- Braehead Shopping Centre, Glasgow
- Glasgow, Silverburn, Glasgow
- Cotswolds Fire Service College, Gloucestershire
- Cheltenham Racecourse, Gloucestershire
- Ipswich, Martlesham Park and Ride, Ipswich
- Ipswich London Road, Ipswich
- Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Bluewater, Kent
- Ewood Park, Lancashire
- Mallory Park, Leicestershire
- Aintree Racecourse, Liverpool
- Haydock Park Racecourse, Liverpool
- Wood Green London, London
- Brent Cross, London
- Makro Manchester, Manchester
- Etihad Campus, Manchester
- The Trafford Centre, Manchester
- DW Stadium, Manchester
- Mowden Park, Middlesborough
- Newcastle Racecouse, Newcastle
- Newmarket Racecourse, Newmarket
- Norfolk Showground, Norfolk
- Leeds East Airport, North Yorkshire
- Northampton Saints, Northamptonshire
- Queens Drive, Nottinghamshire
- Nottingham Clifton South Tram Park & Ride, Nottinghamshire
- East of England Showground, Peterborough
- Penistone Grammar School, Sheffield
- Sheffield, FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
- Chepstow Racecourse, South Wales
- Newport Stadium, South Wales
- Cardiff East, South Wales
- West Quay, Southampton
- Kempton Park Racecourse, Surrey
- Thorpe Park, Surrey
- Lingfield Park, Surrey
- South of England Showground, Sussex
- Dalton Park, Tyne and Wear
- Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
- Three Counties Showground, Worcester
- Defence School of Transport, Yorkshire
- Keepmoat Stadium, Yorkshire
- Elvington Airfield, Yorkshire
Under 17 Driving Lessons
Young Driver has been offering driving lessons and driving experiences to children and adults since 2009. They sold their millionth Young Driver session in 2021, and they now operate from 70 private venues throughout the UK. TrackDays is honoured to have them on board to provide the UK's most popular under 17 driving lessons. One of the greatest ways to get a head start on your practical driving test and lessons is to take this course!
We're here to help you get started on the road to getting your driver's licence, while also providing some entertainment for both teens and children. Young Driver training emphasises responsible learning in a safe, controlled environment while having fun in order to develop the future generation of safe drivers.
It's a good idea to arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment and check in at the front desk. One of the staff members will check you in and give you the name of your teacher. Your instructor will meet you prior to your session to ensure that you are comfortable in the car.
The presence of a parent or guardian is necessary at the driving school. More visitors are invited to attend; they will be able to observe the action from a comfortable hospitality area. A place to get a cup of coffee, a soft drink, or a snack is available near every venue.
Gift Vouchers for 30 minute and 60 minute automatic courses are also available from TrackDays.
Driving Lessons for 10-17 Year Olds
The training programme is based on what you would learn in a regular driving lesson. The main difference is that you will learn to drive on a specially designed road course in a safe environment, allowing you to get important early driving experience without having to deal with the stress of a real road scenario.
Whether you take a 30-minute or 60-minute junior driving class, you'll spend the whole time in the car. The first session will cover starting and stopping the car, moving away, changing gears, and steering. In future sessions, you'll move on to more challenging tasks, such as:
Driving in two-way traffic;
Reverse bay parking.
Firefly Experience for 4-10 year olds
Chris Johnson, an accomplished automotive designer, created the two-seater cars, nicknamed "Firefly," especially for young drivers. Independent suspension, disc brakes, twin electric motors, and rack and pinion steering are all standard features on Firefly vehicles, allowing them to drive and behave like real cars on the road.
Please bear in mind that the driver must be accompanied by a parent or adult at all times while in the car.
Parents may use the remote control cutoff switch in an emergency, but remember the cars can only go up to 10 mph.
The Firefly Experience collaborates with educators to create realistic miniature driving zones, which were developed and built in the United Kingdom by automotive experts.