'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
Now's the chance for you to experience the thrill of sideways driving, as you learn to drift a performance drift-ready car on this excellent half day experience. Master the basics in a custom prepared Lexus IS200 or Lexus IS250 drift car, before putting your newly learnt skills to the test on a final 4 lap drifting session. You'll round the day off experiencing first-hand what it's like to be a passenger in a car with a driver who competes in one of the many national or international drift series, where a competitive environment will be replicated against a lead car for six high speed passenger rides.
Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
Doughnuts – get taught how to do that perfect doughnut and control the car using steering and throttle control, maintaining that perfect circular slide
Figures of 8 – learn how to control the car while the weight is shifting from one direction to the other, using steering/counter-steering and throttle control
Short Circuit – be taught how to navigate the car with a mixture of left-hand and right-hand bends, with 4 attempts of the short circuit, the instructor will give you a demo lap, then your chance to beat the instructor
6-lap high-speed passenger ride (replicating a competition routine) - a lead car is sent and a chase car will follow in close proximity. You then have to hold your nerve as the drivers drift the cars as close as they can without touching
The instructor is alongside you for all the above driving sessions. They will be pushing you hard and fast to learn doughnuts, weight shift techniques as quickly as possible before your final 4 attempts at drifting around the short circuit.
You will be at the venue for approx 3.5-4 hours. There will be some waiting time between each driving session but you can expect a minimum of 20 minutes behind the wheel.
You can book a 10-month gift voucher or book directly onto any date. Please note, this experience is available at multiple venues so please check which dates are for which venue before booking. You can upgrade the validity when you order.
Sessions will be held in group numbers of no more than 20.
A full UK (or equivalent) manual driving license is required
You'll be required to provide proof of your driving licence (card part only) along with your voucher/confirmation
Please note, this experience is available at multiple venues so please check which dates are for which venue before booking
The surface conditions on the day may affect drive time due to tyre wear
The provider will endeavour to give each driver the maximum possible time behind the wheel
Expected driving time – 20-30 minutes during the session in either a Lexus IS200 or Lexus IS250 (from end of Feb 2021)*
Arms and legs must be covered throughout your experience.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, there might be some changes in the sessions times. These might be run in two parts - part 1 and part 2 - or your driving session may be done in the one sitting.
* - The Lexus IS250 is not available at Standlake Arena.
Severe weather may cause the event to be delayed or postponed.
This event runs at our Aldershot Raceway and Standlake Arena venues over a total of 3 sessions per day at the following allotted times - 08.05am, 11.05am and 14.05pm.
Aldershot Raceway and Standlake Arena dates are weekends only.
If you do not have a driving license you will be required to pay an insurance premium on the day of the event. You will be offered a collision damage waiver on the day if you wish to cover yourself should you damage a vehicle. This is optional and will not prevent you from taking part if you do not wish to take it.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- Unlike other experience companies we don't just sell you a voucher and leave you to call the supplier to book yourself. We manage your entire booking process from A - Z saving you time and money on phone calls.
- We have been a booking agent for track days and experience days since 2003 and have built trusted relationships with all of the venues and suppliers. The owner and manager of trackdays.co.uk have both been around since the first launch and their combined knowledge of the industry is passed down to all new members of staff.
- We have vetted each venue and supplier and at least one of our team will have experienced the event first hand meaning we can give you honest, non-biased advice about what you are ordering.
- You are able to do your entire booking online, but if you do need to call us, our average answer time on our standard rate number is 20 seconds. Even during peak times when the phones are busier, you have the option to chat with us live online or email your enquiry.
- Once you have booked a date, we will help to ensure that you get the tickets in time for your event and will liaise with the suppliers on your behalf should you have any enquires.
- All of our customers are invited to review our service and the service of the operator running the event. As a returning customer you will be eligable for a trackdays discount code to use on your next purchase.
Customer Reviews for the Learn to Drift Half Day Drifting Experience with 6 Passenger Laps
Here is what our customers have said about this experience
4.9 / 5Based on 16 reviews
26 October 2021
Booking in and facilities could have been much better (toilets and refreshments). But the actual driving experience really good
23 October 2021
Great value for money. Don't expect to go there and be a no 1 drifter by the end. Take all the advise from the team and just have fun!!
20 September 2021
Was a fantastic drive, the instructor got to demonstrate his skills (which were clear), was an excellent drive round the course
20 September 2021
Great fun - a lot harder than it looks though, well for me anyway!! Great instructors - Thanks to Cory for helping me, great support and encouragement. Passenger laps were amazing! Toilets leave a lot to be desired though…. I’m still scarred !!! Well worth it though, great team and great fun.