Equestria and the Royal Family have always had a long standing tradition running in concurrency with one another, as you will discover on this tour of the Royal Mews coach houses at Buckingham Palace, along with lunch for two at the nearby Royal Horseguards Hotel! Almost every Royal occasion or celebration has usually been commemorated with a horse drawn procession, and it’s at the Grade I listed Royal Mews that’ll you get to take a closer look at these working stable yards, where the Windsor Grey and Cleveland Bay mount horses are looked after and maintained when they’re not being used for Royal duty - and indeed, where they’re prepared for pulling the State Carriages that are used for numerous celebrations and occasions. As you take everything in, you’ll find that each exhibit along your tour has been prepared to give you a deeper understanding and insight into what goes on behind the scenes at the Royal Mews. For many people, it’s getting to see the majestic Gold State Coach that is the highlight of the tour. It’s truly a special moment to see this gilded, intricately designed and built coach up close. The 60 - 90 minute tour will trot by, and before you know it, it’ll be time to head off down the Mall to the Royal Horseguards Hotel, where you’ll get to dine in with a specially prepared two course lunch for two!
Earl Grey-Infused Panna Cotta Berry compote, pistachio crumb (v)
Chocolate and Orange Tranche Chocolate sauce, mint (v)
Exotic Fruit Salad
Followed by a choice of tea or coffee
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
The Royal Mews are open 5 days a week Thursday to Monday (closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
Royal Horseguards Hotel bookings are not available on Bank Holidays, 19th March, 6th May and 24th - 31st December inclusive
Afternoon tea is served from 13:00 - 16:30
Vouchers on a short life and must be booked and redeemed before 31 December 2023
Bookings must be made at least 14 working days in advance and are subject to availability
Please note: opening times and dates are subject to close due at short notice
Once you have booked your date tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Royal Mews Entry and Lunch for Two Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £127.50 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.