Top 10 Fastest Lap Times around Silverstone National Circuit
In the first of a new 'Fastest Laps' series, Trackdays.co.uk take a look at the UK's most popular track day circuits and collate the top 10 fastest times, recorded and verified. We start off with Silverstone's National Circuit, which has a track length of 1.6 miles (2.6 kilometres) and an average speed of 83 MPH (134 KPH). Although the National Circuit is popular with track day goers, the exotic nature of the cars featuring in this top 10 means you're unlikely to see them alongside a BMW M3 on a Saturday afternoon!
Top 10 Fastest Lap Times: Silverstone National Circuit
- #1 McLaren P1 - 0:58.24
- #2 Porsche 918 Spyder - 0:58.47
- #3 Ferrari LaFerrari - 0:58.58
- #4 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) - 0:60.00
- #5 Porsche Cayman GT4 (981) - 1:03.20
- #6 Ascari KZ1 - 1:05.20
- #7 Caterham Superlight R - 1:06.26
- #8 Ferrari F430 - 1:07.10
- #9: TVR Sagaris - 1:08.00
- #10: Chevrolet Corvette C6 - 1:08.40
Top of the pile is the formidable McLaren P1, a hybrid sports car capable of reaching speeds of up to 218 mph. The car, produced in Britain is seen as the successor to the McLaren F1 and a direct competitor to the second-placed Porsche 918 and the third-placed LaFerrari.
Please feel free to share this infographic using the social share buttons below!