'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
Get trucking! The Truck Driving Thrill is a driving experience with a difference, giving you the opportunity to take control of a mammoth Volvo FH16 600 truck, pulling a 45ft supercar transporter. You'll get 15-20 minutes driving time, alongside an expert instructor, as you navigate a tricky but rewarding course that includes slaloms and reverse parking challenges.
Arrival and sign on
Drivers safety briefing
15-20 minutes driving a 45ft supercar transporter, pulled by a Volvo FH16 600 truck
Please allow up to 2-3 hours at the venue.
On the day you will be offered a 'Collision Damage Waiver' which is £25. This is optional but if it isn't taken out and you damage the vehicle you will be liable for the excess. Please be aware that if you don't opt for the £25 damage waiver, credit card details are taken for a £5000 insurance excess, however, no money is taken from the card unless there is damage to the car. Details of the waiver are made clear at the sign on. Sighting lap can be added for £10.
Vouchers are valid for 10-months. There is a £30 'Premium Venue Pass' upgrade fee to take this experience at Dunsfold Park. There is a £25 upgrade fee to book a weekend date at all venues for this experience. Please note availability at Perranporth, Bicester Heritage Centre and Stoneleigh will be extremely limited. You can upgrade the validity to 14 months when you order.
Minimum age is 17
Minimum height is 4' 10"
Maximum height is 6' 6"
Maximum weight is 18 stone
Please do not book this experience if the driver is only able to travel to one of the venue choices, they must be as flexible as the voucher is regarding venue choice and availability
Venue-specific vouchers are available to buy
Pre-purchased high-speed passenger rides take place in a performance car
In the event of the day being cancelled due to extreme weather or circumstances out of our control, you will be offered alternative dates to re-book.
Selected weekend and weekdays from January to December. Dates and spaces
fill fast and are subject to availability, please book in advance to
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- Unlike other experience companies we don't just sell you a voucher and leave you to call the supplier to book yourself. We manage your entire booking process from A - Z saving you time and money on phone calls.
- We have been a booking agent for track days and experience days since 2003 and have built trusted relationships with all of the venues and suppliers. The owner and manager of trackdays.co.uk have both been around since the first launch and their combined knowledge of the industry is passed down to all new members of staff.
- We have vetted each venue and supplier and at least one of our team will have experienced the event first hand meaning we can give you honest, non-biased advice about what you are ordering.
- You are able to do your entire booking online, but if you do need to call us, our average answer time on our standard rate number is 20 seconds. Even during peak times when the phones are busier, you have the option to chat with us live online or email your enquiry.
- Once you have booked a date, we will help to ensure that you get the tickets in time for your event and will liaise with the suppliers on your behalf should you have any enquires.
- All of our customers are invited to review our service and the service of the operator running the event. As a returning customer you will be eligable for a trackdays discount code to use on your next purchase.
Customer Reviews for the Volvo Truck Driving Thrill
Here is what our customers have said about this experience
3.3 / 5Based on 3 reviews over the past year
24 February 2020
After arriving we joined a queue in the rain, it took over an hour to get to the check station where we paid the damage waiver. We were then just told to go and wait down by a penned off area, we were there in the pouring rain and after asking somebody what’s going on we were then told to come and wait in the pen. We then waited there for another 30 minutes in the rain, when I asked what was happening it then became apparent they didn’t have a car to take us to the place for the experience. When we did eventually get a lift my wife thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the instructor was very good. We wouldn’t choose to use Car Chase Hero’s again
17 February 2020
The drive was fabulous and the instructor helpful and entertaining. The organisation of the event however was awful: terrible communication, confusion amongst officials; inadequate address system.