You and a friend or loved one have the unique opportunity to enter The Queen’s Gallery before taking up Afternoon Tea for Two at the nearby Royal Horseguards Hotel! Originally Queen Victoria’s private chapel, that was then bombed and destroyed in World War II, it was after that it was rebuilt as a museum to house the most treasured artefacts of the Royal Family, and then, at the request of the late Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, it was extended in 2002 ahead of Her Majesty’s Golden Jubilee. With up to 450 pieces in the collection, the exhibitions are always changing, so there’s always something new to see and discover, steeped in history and regality. And once you’ve taken in the stunning artefacts on display, you can make your way down to the Royal Horseguards Hotel on Embankment to enjoy a delicious afternoon tea for two!
The gallery hosts a programme of changing exhibitions from the Royal Collection
Allow approximately 1 - 1 ½ hours for your visit to The Queen's Gallery
Afternoon tea is taken at The Royal Horseguards Hotel, located on Embankment, a short stroll along the Mall
2023/24 Programme Exhibitions
10th November 2023 – 14th April 2024 and is titled Holbein at The Tudor Court
17th May – 6th October and is titled Royal Portraits A Century of Photography
Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
Not suitable for spectators
Please note this a sample menu which is subject to seasonal changes.
Afternoon Tea Menu
Lemon meringue pie
Gin and lime pebble
Cucumber and cream cheese fingers
Egg mayo and cress fingers
Smoked salmon fingers
Ham and English mustard fingers
Fruit Scone or Plain Scone with strawberry and raspberry jam and Cornish clotted cream
Choice of Tea
Strawberry and Cream (The Royal Horseguards' unique blend)
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Vouchers must be redeemed before 8th October 2023
The Queens Gallery: Open Thursdays to Mondays (closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
Royal Horseguards Hotel: Not available on Bank Holidays, 19th March, 6th May and 24th - 31st December inclusive
Afternoon tea is served from 13:00 - 16:30pm
Bookings must be made at least 14 working days in advance and are subject to availability
Please note: opening times and dates are subject to close due at short notice
Vouchers must be booked and redeemed before 31st December 2023
Once you have booked your date tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
The Queens Gallery and Afternoon Tea for Two Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £129.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.