All aboard for what is sure to be a magical experience for you and the steam train lover in your life, with tickets for two to enjoy a trip on a passenger steam train, pulled by magnificent steam locomotives at the Churnet Valley Railway in Staffordshire. You’ll get to chuff over 22 miles through the heart of the Staffordshire countryside from Froghall to Ipstones and back again. This charming preserved heritage railway, run by a dedicated team of volunteers, runs on what used to be the old Churnet Valley Line of the North Staffordshire Railway. Departing from Froghall at either 10:30am or 1:30pm, you can either do the trip in one go - which is around an hour and 45 minutes - or you can disembark at one of several stations down the line. For example, you could alight at Consall to take in the beautiful scenery and tranquil surroundings, and explore the old wooden station building, as well as nipping in for a drink at the Black Lion pub close to the line, and walk along the Cauldron Canal towpath via the River Churnet up to the old Victorian designed station at Cheddleton, where you can hop back on board the train, which also houses a small museum that allows you to discover the history of the line. All in all, this is truly an evocative and nostalgic experience for all steam engine enthusiasts!
Tickets for the Churnet Valley Railway
Hop-on and off along the way!
Great value for money ticket deals
Time to explore stations and countryside
Churnet Valley Railway tickets for unlimited all day travel on the line throughout the day
Valid for use on standard blue and green running days
You can break your journey as often as you like
Tickets for Two
Under 18s must be accompanied by and adult 18+
Children under 4 are free
Additional tickets can be purchased on the day if required
Dog tickets are available for £10.00 per dog on the day
Not suitable for spectators
The supplier cannot guarantee the specific departure time of trains and reserves the right to cancel or alter a train in the case of mechanical issue
Services are powered by steam locomotives, unless stated otherwise. On the occasions a steam locomotive is not available, one of the heritage diesel locomotives will be in operation
Minimum Age: 4 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 250.00 kg
Valid for blue and green running days, Monday to Sunday, excluding special event days
Please check the Churnet Valley Railway Calendar once you have registered
Depart from Froghall Station 10:30am or 1:30pm to start your journey
The journey lasts approximately one hour 45 minutes if you start and finish at Froghall
Spend the whole day if you want to hop on and hop off at stations en route
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Steam Train Tickets for Two Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £40.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.