Take flight with our Silver Gliding Flight experience, hosted at Ridgewell Airfield. This quiet airfield, which is dedicated solely to the gliding club that’s based here on site, is located on the border where Essex meets Suffolk - and it’s the perfect tranquil setting from which to enjoy one of the most graceful forms of flying there is. As you head skywards when launched from the aerotow up to 3000 ft, you’ll get to enjoy - depending on the weather conditions on the day, of course - around 30 minutes flying in a dual control, tandem seat glider. There are numerous benefits to this style of glider, which will be one of either the newer PW-6 or the more classic K13 - as you’ll get to sit in front, and thus have more of a bird’s eye view of the world below. Plus, your flight instructor will be able to take the controls if you need a bit of assistance as you learn and master how to “straight and level flight” as well as turn the glider in the air as well. It’s very hands-on, particularly for those beginners looking to progress to a more intermediate level of gliding!
Glider flying at Ridgewell Airfield in Essex
30 minute lesson flying at 3000 ft
A small, close-knit team of instructors & members
It's gliders only (and the tug!) at this airfield
All flights are preceded by a briefing and explanation of glider flight
The effects of the controls will be demonstrated to you during your flight
Opportunity to take the control of the glider
3000ft aerotow with approximately 30-40 minute flying time
Minimum Age: 14 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays between April and November
All dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
Participants should contact the flying school on the morning of their flight to check weather conditions are suitable
You can take along a camera, but it must use a neck-strap to firmly attach it
Minimum age 14
Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
Maximum weight 16 stone (101kg)
Maximum height 6ft 2ins (188cm)
Spectators are welcome
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Silver Essex Gliding Flight Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £145.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.