'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
There aren't many more iconic American vehicles than the Mustang, and this Shelby GT500 variant is the most powerful and aggressive car to come out of the Ford production line! Boasting a staggering supercharged V8 engine capable of 500 bhp, this vehicle is guaranteed to provide an adrenaline rush like no other. At our Bovingdon Airfield venue in Hertfordshire, you will get the opportunity to take the wheel of this magnificent vehicle for 8 miles of adrenaline fuelled action.
When you arrive at the venue, you will receive a briefing session from an expert instructor who will run through all the safety protocols. After this, you will have the opportunity to take 4 sighting laps where you can see the track and assess it. After this you will jump in the passenger seat for 1 High Speed Passenger Ride in a sports car before the grand finale where you will take the seat of the Shelby Eleanor GT 500 Mustang for 8 unforgettable laps!
Arrival and registration.
30-minute introductory brief covering driving lines, throttle/braking technique and track day safety etiquette.
4 sighting laps including 1 high speed passenger lap in a track prepared sports saloon car (Evo X, Impreza Sti, BMW M3 or similar).
8 laps driving the Shelby 'Eleanor' GT500 Ford Mustang
Please allow up to an hour and 30 minutes at the venue.
Vouchers are valid for 10 months from the date of purchase. Saturday dates can be booked for a £39 upgrade fee You can upgrade the validity when you order.
Before making a purchase, please read the information in the 'requirements' tab to ensure the recipient is valid to take part in the experience.
Extra laps and passenger laps can be purchased on the day. Optional collision damage waiver (CDW) can be purchased on the day for £25. Without CDW drivers will be liable to pay the insurance excess on any vehicle they damage.
Full UK or International drivers license is required to partake in this experience
You will need to present the license on the day, photocopies will not be accepted
Min height 5'0"
Max height 6'5"
Max weight of 20 stone
Max age 80
Glasses must be worn if necessary
If you wish to book a weekend date you must pay a £39 surcharge per driver
In the case of severe weather, your event may be delayed or postponed. In this instance, you will be offered alternative dates. No refund will be offered.
Selected weekday dates from Jan-December. Weekends run on selected Saturdays but require a £39 surcharge to book unless pre-paid.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- Unlike other experience companies we don't just sell you a voucher and leave you to call the supplier to book yourself. We manage your entire booking process from A - Z saving you time and money on phone calls.
- We have been a booking agent for track days and experience days since 2003 and have built trusted relationships with all of the venues and suppliers. The owner and manager of trackdays.co.uk have both been around since the first launch and their combined knowledge of the industry is passed down to all new members of staff.
- We have vetted each venue and supplier and at least one of our team will have experienced the event first hand meaning we can give you honest, non-biased advice about what you are ordering.
- You are able to do your entire booking online, but if you do need to call us, our average answer time on our standard rate number is 20 seconds. Even during peak times when the phones are busier, you have the option to chat with us live online or email your enquiry.
- Once you have booked a date, we will help to ensure that you get the tickets in time for your event and will liaise with the suppliers on your behalf should you have any enquires.
- All of our customers are invited to review our service and the service of the operator running the event. As a returning customer you will be eligable for a trackdays discount code to use on your next purchase.