'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
New to the world of track day driving and want to know how to drive safer but faster when out on the circuit? Or maybe you're an old hand looking to take your driving knowledge to the next level? Our 1 Day Advanced Track Driving Course in a Renault Clio 197 or 200, including an ARDS test, is the complete package to get you fully equipped and qualified for track driving.
The instructors at the school on this unique course are fully ARDS registered and licenced by Motorsport UK (the official motorsport governing body) themselves, as well as being fully insured and well seasoned race car drivers, so you can be assured you're learning from only the very best A & S grade ARDS instructors.
The new skills that you will learn from them that can be applied to enhance your road driving are an invaluable investment, and they are the only tuition school of their kind in the UK, operating from leading nationally recognised motorsport venues.
They're also the only school to offer front and rear wheel drive vehicles, assisting with safer driving on both your own cars and company cars, and the training covers all aspects of safe performance driving techniques in a relaxed but fun environment to help build your confidence and get the very best out of your driving potential.
You'll also get to know and understand how physical forces act upon your vehicle, correct techniques such as seating position, wet and dry lines, weight transfer, understeer and oversteer, making the most of your transmission, and using throttle and braking, and how driver actions affect behaviour behind the wheel to ensure you're handling and driving your vehicle at its best potential. Any errors that the instructors spot can be identified and actioned quickly, to ensure you feel the difference and improvement in reaction and handling and thus your safety almost immediately.
Your day will also include your ARDS test, which will give you the opportunity to take the exam and become a fully qualified, Motorsport UK race licence holder yourself, making this the most complete and comprehensive track driving instruction course of its kind, that will set you up to becoming a more safer and more confident driver at your next track day.
Welcome, sign on and refreshments from hospitality staff
Driver’s safety briefing and explanation of how the day will run
Introduction in to driving techniques, including the six phases of corner, vision, braking, weight transfer, turning in, apexes and exit points of corners
Explanation of grip and how to lose and gain it
On track familiarisation laps with instructor driving, demonstrating braking, lines, apex and exit points of each corner
Driving 5 coached laps with instructor
Driving 5 laps with coaching from instructor
Driving 10 laps behind a pace car
ARDS DVD presentation
Briefing session, including information on flags, rules and regulations and your first race meeting
ARDS written paper test
Driving session with instructor, assessing your ability to hold a Motorsport UK Interclub racing licence
Marking of ARDS test papers and debriefing session of the day, including outcome of the NDTC and results
Please allow to be at the venue for the full day.
You can order a 10 month gift voucher or book directly onto a forthcoming available date of your choice from our Events calendar. Validity can be upgraded to 20 months when you place your order.
Please note that the Motorsport UK Racing Starter Pack must be purchased and presented on the date of your booking, as this is not included in this package. Please ensure you bring it with you on the date you attend.
Minimum age to participate is 18 years old
Minimum height to participate is 5 ft
Maximum height to participate is 6ft 6
Liability insurance included
A full UK driving licence is required to take part in this event without exception under venue and insurance rules
Participants are advised to wear flat soled shoes to ensure they can drive comfortably
Cancellation of an event by the supplier will result in a replacement date being made available and the booking will be moved to this date
If you are unable to attend on your allocated date, please contact us to discuss options immediately, as if you do not attend without prior discussion your space will be forfeited
In case of inclement weather, such as fog, ice or snow affecting the track at the venue, we will be advised by the supplier when it is safe to run. If a decision can be made in advance of the event day, customers will be informed of this as soon as possible. A wet track or rain during the day does not mean that the event will not operate.
This course runs 15 times a year on selected dates, with four available spaces for each day it is run.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- Unlike other experience companies we don't just sell you a voucher and leave you to call the supplier to book yourself. We manage your entire booking process from A - Z saving you time and money on phone calls.
- We have been a booking agent for track days and experience days since 2003 and have built trusted relationships with all of the venues and suppliers. The owner and manager of trackdays.co.uk have both been around since the first launch and their combined knowledge of the industry is passed down to all new members of staff.
- We have vetted each venue and supplier and at least one of our team will have experienced the event first hand meaning we can give you honest, non-biased advice about what you are ordering.
- You are able to do your entire booking online, but if you do need to call us, our average answer time on our standard rate number is 20 seconds. Even during peak times when the phones are busier, you have the option to chat with us live online or email your enquiry.
- Once you have booked a date, we will help to ensure that you get the tickets in time for your event and will liaise with the suppliers on your behalf should you have any enquires.
- All of our customers are invited to review our service and the service of the operator running the event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays discount code to use on your next purchase.