Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £40.00 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
Prospective beekeepers everywhere will be buzzing with this beekeeping course, held in the peaceful and tranquil countryside of High Weald, near East Grinstead in Sussex. Under the guidance of expert horticulturalists Lisa Aitken and Olivar Sinclair, you’ll discover more about these amazing insects - and the sweet honey that, with the help of Mother Nature, they make! This course will lift the lid - literally - on apiaries and find out more about the production of honeycombs and about the symbiotic relationship between bees, flowers and the hive that produces honey. This introductory course means it’s perfect for the entry level beekeeper, as you’ll be taken right back to basics on how to tend the bees and harvest the honeycomb without disturbing the hive entirely, as well as how to look after them in different weather conditions that the UK often throws our way! You’ll also get to see inside a working beehive yourself, and spot the queen bee and learn about her role and that of the other bees within the colony. All your protective gear and equipment will be provided on the day, and the course is run in quite a relaxed environment - you’ll also have a lunch break and refreshments provided on the day (although you will need to bring a packed lunch), with a chance to socialise with your fellow would-be beekeepers. And because the group sizes on these courses are kept small, it means the experience is as fully immersive as possible. You can also head to the on-site shop at the day’s end to take home a pot of the honey produced by the bees at High Weald!
Learn about different types of hives
Observe the bees at close quarters
Tea, coffee and biscuits are included
Courses start at 10am and finish at 4pm
An introductory day course into the art of bee keeping
Learn about different types of hives and equipment required
Observe the bees at close quarters
Tea, coffee, apple juice and biscuits will be provided but you will need to bring your own packed lunch
You may be in a group of up to twelve people
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Experiences generally operate on selected dates between May and August
Courses start at 10:00 and finish at 16:00
Dates are subject to change as the opening of hives is weather dependent
Experiences must be booked before August 2024
Scheduled 2024 Dates:
Sunday 12th May
Sunday 30th June
Sunday 21st July
Sunday 18th August
Participants should take a pair of rubber or leather garden gloves that are long enough to tuck sleeves into
Long boots, preferably Wellingtons, with socks
Long trousers must be worn but protective over clothing will be provided
No minimum age, but under 16's should be accompanied by a participating adult
There is limited car park and two disabled spaces
Unfortunately this activity is not suitable for spectators
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Bee Keeper for a Day Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £120.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.