'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
Take a trip down memory lane with this one of a kind classic car driving experience. Drive Dad's, Mum's, your first car, or even the car you always wanted, with 12 British sports and GT classics, manufactured between 1935 and 1995, to choose from. With an expert instructor accompanying you throughout, you'll take your three chosen classics for 60 minutes of driving time, 20 minutes in each, on a closed road course. You'll likely be in control of a vehicle with less power than your current car, with brakes and steering that'll require more effort than you've been used to, but that's all part of the experience! Listen to the sounds, appreciate the quirks and get to grips with what driving was like in times gone by. British sports and GT classics to choose from include; MG Midget, Triumph TR7, MG BGT, Austin 1300 GT, Austin Allegro, Princess 1300 Vanden Plas, Ford Escort Cabriolet, Austin 7, Morris Minor Million, Mini Italian Job, Mini Cooper S, Sunbeam Rapier Convertible.
Arrival and sign-on
In-car safety briefing with an experienced instructor
Up to 20 minutes driving your first Premium Classic Car
Up to 20 minutes driving your second Premium Classic Car
Up to 20 minutes driving your third Premium Classic Car
Free adult admission for you and guest to the Great British Car Journey exhibition
Additional tickets available at group discount prices
Please allow up to 1.5 hours for your experience.
Vouchers are valid for 10 months from the date of purchase. You can upgrade the validity when you order.
Minimum age 17
Drivers must hold a full manual UK or equivalent international driving licence
The operator reserves the right to substitute any vehicle due to unforeseen circumstances such as mechanical failure.
Minimum height 5'
Maximum height 6'5"
Maximum weight 18 stone
Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate
Please note cars are subject to change and availability on the day
Spectators are welcome - entry tickets for spectators to gain admission to the Great British Car Journey can be purchased in advance or on the day
Vouchers are valid for 10 months from the date of purchase
Severe weather may cause the experience to be delayed or postponed. Refer to our terms and conditions for more details.
Weekdays and weekends from May 2021. Dates are subject to availability.
Great British Car Journey Opening Times
April-October 10:00-17:30 (Last admission 16:00)
November-March 10:30-16:30 (Last admission 15:00)
Closed on selected days during the year
The Great British Car Journey exhibition has disabled access, toilets, baby changing facilities, an interactive audiovisual guide and a riverside cafeteria.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- Unlike other experience companies we don't just sell you a voucher and leave you to call the supplier to book yourself. We manage your entire booking process from A - Z saving you time and money on phone calls.
- We have been a booking agent for track days and experience days since 2003 and have built trusted relationships with all of the venues and suppliers. The owner and manager of trackdays.co.uk have both been around since the first launch and their combined knowledge of the industry is passed down to all new members of staff.
- We have vetted each venue and supplier and at least one of our team will have experienced the event first hand meaning we can give you honest, non-biased advice about what you are ordering.
- You are able to do your entire booking online, but if you do need to call us, our average answer time on our standard rate number is 20 seconds. Even during peak times when the phones are busier, you have the option to chat with us live online or email your enquiry.
- Once you have booked a date, we will help to ensure that you get the tickets in time for your event and will liaise with the suppliers on your behalf should you have any enquires.
- All of our customers are invited to review our service and the service of the operator running the event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays discount code to use on your next purchase.