Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £183.00 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
For a truly unique and memorable day out that combines vintage aviation, military tanks and old-school sightseeing, look no further than the Tigers and Tracks experience at Duxford. This activity day offers a lesson in a vintage Tiger Moth, a trip onboard a Dragon Rapide, the chance to drive an armoured caterpillar-tracked military vehicle, and much more.
The day begins with a warm welcome and briefing in the control tower, complete with tea and biscuits. Participants will then be split into small groups to rotate around the activities. Those starting on the tanks will be taken to Duxford's military testing ground, where they'll get to drive an Armoured Personnel Carrier on a purpose-built track.
Next up is the Tiger Moth, a beloved little military trainer plane. You'll get to wear a vintage flying jacket, helmet and goggles, and even take the controls once you've attained straight and level flight after take-off.
The day ends with a sightseeing flight on the Dragon Rapide, a historic commercial airliner. You'll enjoy a bird's eye view of IWM Duxford, spotting the Tiger Moth and APC tanks from the air.
And when you return to the ground, a buffet lunch and Champagne reception await, along with logbook-style certificates and a private tour of parts of the IWM. Get ready for an unforgettable day out!
Military vehicles, Tigers and Dragon Rapide's combined at Duxford
Tiger Moth lesson, Dragon sightseeing and APC drive
Short hosted tour to be a behind the scenes IWM area
Briefing and closing reception in the control tower
Tigers and Tracks
A full day vintage aircraft and track day lasting approximately five and a half hours
15 minutes hands on flying lesson in the Tiger Moth
20 minute sightseeing tour in the Dragon Rapide
15 minute driving lesson in an armoured personnel carrier, where you take the controls for approximately 10 minutes
An experienced guide will escort you throughout the day, highlighting areas of interest and ensuring your day runs smoothly
A lunch voucher is provided for lunch at The Workshop Cafe
A professional individual photograph is included
You may be part of a group of up to 16 taking part on the day
Free entry to IWM Duxford with discounted entry for accompanying friends
All flight times are approximate and 'chock to chock'
You are welcome to bring friends and family along however they will need to enter the museum to view the flight
Entry to IWM Duxford is compulsory for participants and accompanying guests. Guests will enjoy half price entry to the site, children uner 5 go free
Refreshments are available on site for spectators to purchase
Free parking and full facilities on site
Disabled wheelchairs are available
Minimum age is 16
Maximum age is 80
Maximum weight limit is 18 stone
You need to be agile enough to climb into the cockpit
Minimum Age: 16 years
Maximum Age: 80 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 114.00 kg
A visit to IWM Duxford is a day out in itself so make sure you leave plenty of time to look around the museum too!
March to October, usually on the third Saturday of every month
Experiences generally start at 10:30am and finish at 3:30pm
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Tigers and Tracks Experience Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £549.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.