Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £149.67 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
Learn the art of Sword making with this 3 Day Forging Course near Carmarthen in Wales. This course will take you through all the steps needed to make your very own hand forged sword. The talented Master Blacksmith Will Holland will guide you through the making process. During your course you will learn about: Blade geometry, forging and forming, Heat treatment, Hilt design and hot forging, Blade grinding and sharpening techniques, Handle design, material selection and function and Final Assembly. All the PPE, tools and materials will be provided for you. It's perfect for those who have some blacksmithing experience looking for a bigger challenge. After the course is finished you can take home your fully functional sword.
A three-day sword-forging course
Hosted by Master Blacksmith Will Holland FWCB
All materials & PPE included
Ideal for those with some experience
Three day course learning the ancient art of sword making
Courses cover all techniques needed to forge your very own sword
Tuition from Master Blacksmith Will Holland FWCB
All tools, materials and PPE (safety glasses, hearing protection, apron etc) included
Refreshments are provided (participants should bring a packed lunch)
Take home your very own fully functional sword or re-enactment sword
Blade geometry, forging and forming
Hilt design and hot forging
Blade grinding and sharpening techniques
Handle design, material selection and function
Minimum Age: 16 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Selected dates throughout the year
Courses run over three consecutive days (generally every few months)
Sessions start at 09:00am daily finishing around 17:30pm
There are lots of local hotel & B&B's should you wish to arrange accommodation
The forge is conveniently located only 1 mile from the town centre and 2 miles from the train station
Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
A good level of physical strength and fitness is required
It is recommended that participants have had some experience of blacksmithing
You will form part of a small group of up to 8 participants (generally 4)
Comfortable clothing should be worn (no nylon or synthetics)
Jeans and T-Shirts are ideal
Safety boots or walking boots are suitable (no open-toed footwear)
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Three Day Sword Making Course Wales Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £449.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.