'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
The Stay Sharp kart coaching program is extremely popular for keeping drivers performing at their absolute best. If you are out of practice due to the lack of track time available during the COVID-19 pandemic - then our karts are the ideal way to get you 'match fit'. Many of the World's most successful F1 drivers started racing in karts - like Nico Rosberg and Ayrton Senna. If that wasn't proof enough - Schumacher never stopped racing karts alongside his F1 commitments.
Bring clothing for all weathers!
Don't forget your race suit, full face helmet and if you have a wet weather oversuit or over clothes that could be useful too.
Please complete our waiver form before the day: WAIVER, you will also need to complete one for the circuit itself, this is normally completed on the event day.
If we take an awning, due to Covid-19 precautions we will leave it open for ventilation.
Food and refreshments may not always be available at the circuit currently due to Covid-19 restrictions, so to be safe please bring a packed lunch and drinks etc with you. We will take a coffee machine, which you are welcome to use, but we would advise taking your own mugs again due to Covid-19 precautions.
Please bring PPE equipment, Clay Pigeon raceway requires you to wear a face mask when walking around the site and follow all other Covid-19 precautions.
Should you show any signs of illness, do not attend.
Remember social distance rules (2 metres minimum). You must not converge in groups of more than 6.
Please don't bring extra helpers/spectators/family members etc, only essential helpers allowed.
Track time opens from 10.00am, we would advise arriving at around 0830am to settle in and for a Briefing.
All Day Event
Sharing a kart is possible, but does restrict what you can do and only really works well if both drivers are of similar height and build, if a second driver does a few sessions in the same kart it would be an extra £150
If the day requires the use of wet tyres there will be an additional charge of a minimum of £50 and a maximum of £160
For a day of testing, where we run the kart, but this doesn't include coaching (just basic guidance) the fee is £425
Food and racewear is not included (we can probably provide this if requested in advance)
A physical challenge and a great way to hone your driving skills - feel, finesse, visual awareness, lines, judgement of braking, power application, skid control, and mental approach.
New drivers who haven't experienced this level of kart racing will quickly understand why it is the best development tool.
Already experienced drivers will STAY SHARP - and perform at their peak during races.
You will drive modern Tonykart Rotax Max Race or IAME X30 karts. These are all profesionally prepared, in excellent condition and fast! These amazing machines can pull just under 3g through a corner and have 75% more power than a normal corporate kart.
Why the STAY SHARP Program?
The guys in charge have a long and rich heritage in Karting, run by a team who have raced and won on British Championship level. With an innate passion for karting the team describe it as the purest form of motorsport and you will find their enthusiasm for these events infectious and it will drive you on to become a better driver. The team are experienced at international level and have worked with novices to F1 drivers in their careers, they can quickly assess your strengths and weaknesses and politely focus on the key areas to help you progress. All of the equipment is owned and maintained by them so you know exactly what you will get - providing consistency over multiple sessions and assured quality.
Well prepared equipment; honest and polite coaching. Every driver is different and the coaches aim to improve your skills in a sensible and logical way - and give you the tools to start properly analysing your own driving and learn for yourself.
In the event of the day being cancelled due to extreme weather or circumstances out of our control, you will be offered alternative dates to re-book.
Selected weekend and weekdays from January to December. Dates and spaces fill fast and are subject to availability, please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Accident damage to the equipment (this would be charged at the price of any components damaged and £40 per hour to complete repairs)
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- Unlike other experience companies we don't just sell you a voucher and leave you to call the supplier to book yourself. We manage your entire booking process from A - Z saving you time and money on phone calls.
- We have been a booking agent for track days and experience days since 2003 and have built trusted relationships with all of the venues and suppliers. The owner and manager of trackdays.co.uk have both been around since the first launch and their combined knowledge of the industry is passed down to all new members of staff.
- We have vetted each venue and supplier and at least one of our team will have experienced the event first hand meaning we can give you honest, non-biased advice about what you are ordering.
- You are able to do your entire booking online, but if you do need to call us, our average answer time on our standard rate number is 20 seconds. Even during peak times when the phones are busier, you have the option to chat with us live online or email your enquiry.
- Once you have booked a date, we will help to ensure that you get the tickets in time for your event and will liaise with the suppliers on your behalf should you have any enquires.
- All of our customers are invited to review our service and the service of the operator running the event. As a returning customer you will be eligable for a trackdays discount code to use on your next purchase.