Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £49.67 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
Create and design your own piece of beautiful stained glass art on this informative and fun small group course (led in groups of ten), run by experienced crafters at the contemporary glass works at the Guild in Bristol, the finest teaching centre in all of the UK for creative glass. It’s an ideal course for novices, as no prior creative experience is necessary, and everything you require is included on the one day course, including tools and materials, and a light lunch is also provided, so perfect for those who want to take up a new hobby and learn some new skills. The studio spaces used for the course teaching are in gorgeous modern facilities just outside the city, based within an onsite gallery which showcases examples of the intricately produced glasswork pieces - a real moodboard to whet your creative appetite. This course covers a lot of the history of stained glass making, which goes back centuries to when the great cathedrals of Europe needed large window areas filling. The Renaissance period saw the addition of fused, leaded and stained panes as these became more in vogue in both churches as well as houses and public buildings, whilst the popularity of Tiffany that is synonymous with stained glass grew throughout the 19th Century. The Guild in Bristol was established in 1979, and has continued to produce the most artistic and forward thinking glass in Britain since then. On this fully comprehensive day course, you’ll be working under the most talented glassmakers and artists around, beginning with selecting your panels from the varied range of glass - including traditional Bristol Blue stained glass - and will then be guided through each stage of production, including selecting a template for your design, trimming the pane to your chosen pattern, cutting and shaping, and lastly using a soldering iron to help secure, cement and polish the glass into place. You’ll come away with a complete stained glass piece which you can then take home with you - either a light catcher or a mirror - which makes for a gorgeous piece to have in your home or to give as a gift to a loved one! Plus best of all you’ll get to explore the well stocked Guild shop, where you’ll also be able to take advantage of a 10% discount for a whole year from their extensive sheet glass collection - so if you get the bug, you can continue making stunning stained glass to your heart’s content!
An introduction into the art of stained glass
Learn to cut, solder, cement and polish glass
Design and create your own light catcher or mirror
Lunch is included
A one day Stained Glass Workshop
Expert tuition from practicing stained glass artists
Learn how to cut glass and lead, soldering, cementing and polishing
Take home your own Stained Glass Mirror
Maximum group size is ten students to one instructor
All tools, materials and equipment is provided
A delicious lunch is included
Classes run 10:00 - 16.00
This activity is not suitable for spectators
Courses run on selected Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year, usually once a month
Minimum Age: 16 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
There are toilets on site
There is a cafe nearby and supermarkets within a 5 minute drive
Close to Temple Meads Train Station, large car-park on site
Accommodation can be recommended when booking
Please telephone to discuss disabled access requirements before booking
The course is not suitable for under 16's
Please note under 18's must be supervised by an adult
Because lead is used in the course it is not suitable for pregnant women
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Stained Glass Course in Bristol Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £149.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.