Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £16.33 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
If you're a fan of smoked food, then you'll definitely want to check out this smoking food workshop. It teaches you how to smoke food in the comfort of your own home without needing any fancy or expensive kitchen gadgets. This back-to-basics curing technique brings out the best smoky aromas and flavours in your food.
During the demonstrations, you'll see just how easy it is to smoke food at home. Although most smoked and cured products are done on an industrial scale, you can recreate the same process on a smaller scale for a home-crafted touch that makes everything taste better.
If you're wondering how to smoke your own food, it's essentially the same whether you're in a factory smoking hundreds of kilos of salmon or just smoking a couple of duck breasts for your dinner. The key is in the wood chips, the salting, and the freshness of the fish, seafood, or meat.
Your host will show you how to smoke without any mess or expensive equipment by using a smoking pouch. Brining, rubbing, or marinating is essential preparation for your meat. Then there are the wood chips. This cookery school creates its own flavoured wood chips with tantalizing aromas like oak and hickory. It's important to use hardwoods since softwood chips like pine give your salmon an unpleasant taste.
The wonderful thing about wood-smoking is the smell that hits you as soon as that smokiness spreads. It's a great sensation that makes your taste buds tingle. The foods you'll smoke during this workshop are oily fish and meats since they absorb the smoke better, giving you that incredibly moreish taste.
Learn how to smoke fish and meat
Learn how to smoke fish and meat so you can replicate the process at home!
Chicken, fish and sausages are on the menu
Eat what you have smoked
Two hour cookery course
Learn how to home smoke, without gadgets
Smoke, spice and cook delicious food shown on the 'Menu Section'
Enjoy eating your dishes
You will form part of a group of up to 20 participants
Smoke & Spice Menu
Smoked Trout Pate
Five Spice Chicken Wings
Park Balls with Thai dipping sauce and wraps
Smoked Aubergine Pate
Smoked Curried Cauliflower Puree with Crostini
All served with a sticky coconut rice
Spectators are not permitted
Minimum Age: 18 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
Some menu variations can happen if produce is not available on the day
Please make the venue known to any dietary requirements when booking this experience
This is an educational lesson and as the clients prepare and cook, taster portions are served for you to practice at home
Minimum age is 18
Courses are not suitable if you have a nut allergy
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Smoke and Spice Food Workshop Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £49.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.