If you're looking for a unique experience, consider a visit to Honnington Farm just south of Tunbridge Wells. They offer owl and hawk encounters, as well as half-day birds of prey experiences. The farm's location, with its 500 acres of typical Kentish agricultural countryside, is perfect for falconry days. The birds of prey are certainly in their element here.
During the owl encounter, you might get to meet Bengal Eagle Owl Bob, a veteran in the field, and listen in awe as Soren the Barn Owl screeches. It's worth noting that Barn Owls screech, not hoot like Tawny Owls.
If you opt for the half-day birds of prey experience, you might get to meet Maggie the Lanner Falcon, a supreme hunter that can reach speeds of up to 200mph as she dive-bombs her prey. It's amazing to see how well-equipped these creatures are for hunting.
It's important to note that these are captive-bred raptors who have been lovingly and respectfully trained by their falconers. They enjoy meeting people and performing other duties besides flying, such as pest control and even falconry wedding services, where one of these majestic birds delivers the wedding rings to the bride and groom.
Falconry experiences near Tunbridge Wells
Fly birds of prey to your gloved hand
Sessions take place at the Honnington Estate
Meet Owls, walk with Hawks and a whole lot more
Enjoy a Bird of Prey Experience
You will form part of a group of up to 5 participants
Welcome tea/coffee is included
Owl Encounter or Hawk Walk
Get up close and personal with your choice of a selection of owls or Harris hawks
Your falconer will give you an insight into the bird's physical features, hunting skills and natural behaviours
Learn the basic handling skills
Head off into the countryside flying the birds to the glove
Experience last approximately two hours
Minimum age 14
Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
Please note we do not run sessions on Wednesdays
Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
Owl Encounter or Hawk Walk
Generally 11:00-13:00 and 14:00-16:00
Minimum Age: 14 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Not suitable for spectators
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Owl Encounter or Hawk Walk Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £35.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.