'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
If you grew up watching Transformers on a Saturday morning the Optimus Prime truck driving thrill is everything that you could wish for. Your experience will begin with a short drivers safety briefing followed by 15-20 minutes behind the wheel of Optimus Prime the leader of the Autobots. Feel the raw power, hear the a sound and enjoy a driving experience like nothing you have experienced before. The Optimus Prime truck used for this experience is the Kenworth W900 which is nearly identical in all areas to the original Peterbilt 379.
Arrival and sign on
Drivers safety briefing
15-20 minutes driving the authentic Kenworth W900 styled on Optimus Prime
Please allow up to 2-3 hours at the venue.
On the day you will be offered a 'Collision Damage Waiver' which is £25. This is optional but if it isn't taken out and you damage the vehicle you will be liable for the excess. Please be aware that if you don't opt for the £25 damage waiver, credit card details are taken for a £5000 insurance excess, however, no money is taken from the card unless there is damage to the car. Details of the waiver are made clear at the sign on. Sighting lap can be added for £10.
Vouchers are valid for 10-months. There is a £30 Premium Venue upgrade fee to take this experience at Castle Combe Circuit. There is a £25 upgrade fee to book a weekend date at all venues for this experience. Please note availability at Perranporth and Stoneleigh will be extremely limited. You can upgrade the validity when you order.
Minimum age is 17
A full drivers license is required and must be shown on the day of the event to participate
Minimum height is 4' 10"
Maximum height is 6' 6"
Maximum weight is 18 stone
Please do not book this experience if the driver is only able to travel to one of the venue choices, they must be as flexible as the voucher is regarding venue choice and availability
Venue-specific vouchers are available to buy
Pre-purchased high-speed passenger rides take place in a performance car
In the event of the day being cancelled due to extreme weather or circumstances out of our control, you will be offered alternative dates to re-book.
Selected weekend and weekdays from January to December. Dates and spaces
fill fast and are subject to availability, please book in advance to
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Customer Reviews for the Optimus Prime Truck Driving Thrill
Here is what our customers have said about this experience
3.8 / 5Based on 4 reviews over the past year
30 May 2022
My day was cancelled last minute, I requested a new date which was offered but no confirmation sent it took so long to get through the first time I’ve not been able to contact them again to ask where that is the phone just rings and rings with no answer
17 April 2022
The drive and staff as always was excellent. Booked in as suggested at 1430 for the drive between 1500 and 1600. However did not drive until 1700, no facilities at the waiting area so stood for two and a half hours!
04 September 2021
I loved it, but would of liked to of changed up a gear and gone a little feasted on a longer track. Having said that would still recommend this experience.
01 September 2021
Well organised, great communication about wait times. Friendly staff.