Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £58.33 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
This is your chance to go Microlighting in a 60 minute flying session over East Anglia! Hosted at Beccles Airfield - or Ellough Airfield, as it is known locally - on the border where Suffolk meets Norfolk, it is surrounded by peaceful countryside and lots of open airspace. A former WWII RAF station, Beccles was also a former Air Sea Rescue base until 1945, and from 1965 onwards it became a heliport for North Sea oil operations. There are two types of aircraft available to choose from for your microlighting session; a flex-wing or a fixed-wing aircraft. Both use the same engine and can accommodate the same number of passengers, but the difference in their design is clear to see! The P&M Quik GT-450 is open-sided, whereas the P&M flex wing is more open to the elements. The open cockpit makes it a more easier aircraft to pilot and navigate, as there are no rudders or flaps, just the accelerator and brake pedals, and the bar to control the wings. If you prefer a cosier flight experience, then the German constructed Ikarus C-42. Once you’re inside with the gull wing doors closed, and the instruction to “clear prop” has gone and the engine’s fired up, you’ll be up above the skies - and whether you’re fixed or flexi, this is sure to be an unforgettable time microlighting across Norfolk and Suffolk!
Microlight flights out of Beccles Airfield
Choose a flight in a flex or fixed wing microlight
Fly over the skies of Norfolk and Suffolk
Plenty of opportunity to take the controls yourself
60 minute trial flying lesson in a microlight
Welcome and safety briefing as you are shown around the aircraft
Flights can be taken in the C42 fixed-wing or a GT450 flexi-wing microlight
During the flight you will have the opportunity to take the control of the microlight
Minimum Age: 14 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
The minimum age is 14
Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
Flex wing - maximum weight is 17.5 stone (110 kgs)
Fixed wing - maximum weight is 15 stone (95 kgs)
All safety equipment including helmets, gloves and flying suits are provided
Spectators are welcome
Cameras are permitted whilst airborne, as long as it is fitted with a good quality safety strap
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
60 Minute Microlighting Flight over East Anglia Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £175.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.