There is nothing better than learning a new skill and with this Half Day Sculpture Day for Two, you can pick from 3 different workshops. In this Hampshire workshop you will make a sculpture out of wire and metal. Choose from Introduction to Soldering/ Wire Forming where you will a small and micro wire sculpture from copper based wire, Introduction to Brazing and Blending where you create a medium size wire sculpture using steel wire and 3mm steel rods or Introduction to cold Blacksmithing / Welding where you will learn to weld, tig, mig and arc as well and bend metal. The half day workshop takes around 3 hours. The experienced and talented instructor will provide your equipment and help you make your metal creation.
Learn how to work metal and create sculptures
Half day workshop
Hosted by skilled artists Rodger in this studio
Stunning works with wire and metal
Enjoy a half day sculpture workshop
All materials and safety equipment provided
Complimentary hot and cold drinks
Half Day workshops lasts 3 hours
A maximum of two students can be accommodated
Please wear boots, cotton/jean type trousers and long sleeved top for welding and brazing
Please also bring your best reading glasses capable of reading 1mm text, a note book and a pen and your phone to take pictures
Not suitable for spectators
Your choice of the following workshops
Introduction to Soldering/ Wire Forming
Create a small and micro wire sculptures made from copper based wire
Learn how to form very accurate wire shapes using hand tools, drawings and formers
You will be taught how to solder the wire shapes together to form a 2 or 3 dimension wire sculpture
Use an electric soldering iron and lead free solder
Introduction to Brazing and Bending
Create a medium size wire sculpture using steel wire and 3mm steel rods
Learn how to create accurate shapes using a desk top bending machine, drawings and templates
Students will then be taught to braze the shapes together using a mini gas/oxy torch to form a 2 or 3 dimensional steel sculpture
Introduction to cold Blacksmithing/ Welding
Learn the basic of welding, tig, mig and arc and bending metal
You will be taught how measure, cut and form a range of steel material, rod, tube and bar
Shape and form your sculpture using a hand powered desk top bending machine
Create curves and bends then weld together to form your 2D or 3D sculpture
Minimum age 15 (13 for Introduction to soldering/ wire forming)
Under 18's must be accompanied on site by an adult
Minimum Age: 13 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Weekdays and weekends throughout the year
Dates are subject to availability
Three hour session
Sessions are available 10:00 - 13:00 or 13:00 - 16:00
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Half Day Sculpture Workshop for Two Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £150.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.