Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £249.67 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
Perfect for aviation fans, this Dambuster flight experience in a Tiger Moth is the aerial trip of a lifetime. You'll take off from Derby Airfield at Egginton and fly over the famous Derwent Dams, which were used by RAF pilots for training for a tough assignment. The 617 Squadron practised dropping Barnes Wallis' bouncing bombs in top-secret flight training ahead of their mission to bomb German dams in what was officially known as Operation Chastise. This mission became synonymous with pilots of 617 and led the squadron to be forever known as the 'Dambusters'.
During the flight, you'll fly over the South Derbyshire lowlands and Dove Valley to the Derwent Valley, following the river to the Howden, Derwent and Ladybower dams. At this point, the skilled pilot will bring the Moth down to about 500ft for a magnificent view of the reservoirs. It's impressive to think that the Dambusters were in Lancasters flying at just 60ft above the ground, at three times the speed, and at night!
If you're up for it, you'll even be able to have a go at the controls as you navigate the Tiger Moth in the flight path of the 617 Squadron bombers. This will give you an unparalleled sense of immersion and the thrill of ‘being there'. It's definitely a unique experience for any vintage aviation fans.
Dambuster flights in a Tiger Moth
Follow the flight path of 617 Squadron
Fly right over the famous dams
A chance to take control if you are up for it!
A 75-minute flight in a vintage Tiger Moth
Retrace a similar flight path to that taken by the 617 Squadron during their practice runs
Flights take you through the lowland valley of South Derbyshire and up through the Peak District
Fly over the famous Howden, Derwent and Ladybower Dams; training grounds for the Dambusters Runs
Welcome and introduction in the field HQ and briefing area
Comprehensive safety briefing from a member of the uniformed personnel
Loan of a vintage flying suit, sheepskin flight jacket, leather flying helmet and goggles
Full cockpit briefing and intercom testing with a member of the air-crew and your instructor
Between take off and landing you will have the opportunity to take the controls
Communicate with your instructor throughout the flight via intercom
Debriefing with photo opportunities
Complimentary premium gift packaging from Into The Blue
Spectators are welcome, including well-behaved dogs and children
Minimum age of 16
Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
Maximum weight 18 stone (115kg)
Maximum height 6ft 4ins (195cm)
You must be agile enough to climb in and out of the cockpit and medically fit to fly
Participants must provide photo ID on the day (driving licence or passport)
Minimum Age: 16 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 195.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 115.00 kg
Prior to travelling to the airfield you must telephone to ensure weather /operational conditions are suitable
Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn
It is recommended you bring gloves on a cold day
Quality souvenirs and merchandise can be purchased on the day
Photography packages (from £35) and video packages (from £39) are available to purchase
A grassed viewing area with picnic benches and tables is available to use (picnics welcome)
Tea and coffee is available in the clubhouse on an honesty basis
The flying season usually runs from April to October
Flights are generally available Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
Alternative days may be available upon request
Dates and flight times are subject to availability and weather conditions
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Dambusters Flight Experience Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £749.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.