Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £58.33 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
On this watchmaking experience, create a handcrafted, personalised wristwatch that is truly one of a kind. You will work with the watchmakers at the Scottish company Kartel's workshop and flagship locations in St Andrews or Edinburgh to learn how to create a watch according to your own specifications. Over 250 years of local watchmaking heritage form the foundation of Kartel. Scotland's industrial history and geography, which can be seen in Fife, served as a major source of inspiration for Kartel timepieces. Each watch boldly exhibits its Scottish heritage, from the meticulous assembly to the watch straps made of Harris Tweed or Johnston and Elgin's cashmere mixes.
Build your own customised wristwatch
Hosted by Kartel St Andrews & Edinburgh stores
Modern classic timepieces with Scottish heritage
Personalise your watch with a caseback engraving
Build your own bespoke watch to take home
Welcome and introduction with refreshments
Local whisky, wine or beer, tea and coffee along with fresh local fruit and home made shortbread is provided
Learn about the history of local watch manufacturing and the story of the Kartel brand
You will be guided through the range of components with the options of case designs
Choose from a vast range of straps, available in leather, cashmere and wool as well as authentic Harris tweed options
The master watch-builder will guide you through the assembly to create your finished timepiece
Personalise your watch with a bespoke engraving
Allow approximately one hour for this experience
Vouchers include £155 retail credit to use against your finished watch
Optional upgrades on watch models or components can be purchased on the day
Not suitable for spectators
Weekdays and Saturdays throughout the year
Sessions are generally available at 11:00 and 14:00 on weekdays and 11:00 on Saturdays
Dates are subject to availability
Minimum Age: 18 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Minimum age 18
Experiences can be booked for a maximum of 4 people
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Custom Watch Building Experience Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £175.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.