Pay in 3 interest-free payments of £36.33 with . Learn more
Why buy from us?
A unique and fun day out combining the crafts of both blacksmithery and cider making is sure to appeal in so many different ways! The blacksmiths and brewers you’ll meet across this day in Herefordshire, sitting on the border where England meets Wales, are so passionate about their respective crafts, and about preserving heritage traditions, and especially love when visitors take an interest in what they do. On the morning of your day, you’ll start off at the blacksmiths, where they’ll guide you through the traditional techniques and methods for forging. The three hour session is very hands-on, as you’ll get to learn and master blacksmith skills, and even make a little something which will be very handy for the next part of your day - and that’s a bottle opener! Because once you’re all done at the forge, you’ll be heading over to Weston's Cider, which has been producing cider from their farm in the village of Much Marcle since 1880. Your tasting tour will give you a chance to see traditional pear and apple cider making methods that have been used for generations - and which produces some delicious cider. Forging and cider tasting - could there be a more perfect combination?
An introductory session to blacksmithing
Make your own bottle opener (or similar)
Visit a local cider mill in the afternoon
Great day out for couples and groups
3 hour session learning traditional blacksmithing techniques
Take away a beautiful crafted piece of ironwork, created by you!
Use heat and a hammer to forge a bottle opener from raw iron
Break for lunch (not included)
Tour and tasting session at nearby Westons Cider
You will form part of a small group of up to 8 participants
Traditional producers of award-winning cider and perry draught
Discover the craft of cider-making from blossom to bottle
An expert guide will show you where they harvest, weigh and wash the apples
Visit the mill where they press ferment and mature before blending and packing
Opportunity to sample the cider and perry draught
Minimum Age: 18 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Weekdays and selected Saturdays throughout the year
Forging session generally start at 09:00 finishing at 12:00
All dates are subject to availability
Due to popularity please book well in advance to avoid disappointment, weekends especially get booked quickly
Cider tours start at either 14:00 or 14:30
Westons Cider: Daily tours
Participants can either bring a packed lunch or pre-order a lunch for an additional charge payable when booking your date
Minimum age 18
Not suitable for spectators
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Blacksmith Forging and Tasting Experience Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £109.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.