If you're looking for a thrilling experience for an aviation enthusiast, consider gifting them flying lessons at Wellesbourne Mountford Aerodrome in Warwickshire. This flight training centre, managed by flying principal Rodney Galiffe, has been training new pilots since 1982, including hundreds of Air Cadets. The school is approved under EASA regulations by the UK CAA, offering a fully integrated programme for those who aspire to become pilots.
Even if you're a beginner, Wellesbourne Mountford Aerodrome welcomes you to your very first flying lesson. During this experience, you'll be able to fly for 60 minutes in a two-seater aircraft, such as a Cessna or Piper, over the beautiful, open Warwickshire countryside. With no commercial traffic and no smog, the airfield is an ideal location for a flying lesson.
On the day of your lesson, you'll meet your instructor who will take you through all the basics, from the cockpit instruments to the primary flying controls. And because there is no queuing on the runway for take-off behind other air traffic, you'll be able to maximize your time in the air.
Flying Wellesbourne Mountford near Stratford
Perfect choice for learning in un-congested skies
2 seater 60 minute flying lesson
Clubhouse and Cafe ideal base for viewing the action
Welcome and Sing-in
Trial flying lesson in a 2 or 4 seater aircraft
A pre-flight briefing which will cover the route to be flown
Explanation of the controls of an aeroplane
Once in the air you will take control of the aeroplane and repeat manoeuvres under the guidance of the instructor
After your flight you will be presented with certificate of achievement
Flight times are chock to chock, including take off and landing time
Minimum age of 14
Minimum height is 4'6, maximum height 6'4
There is a maximum weight limit of 14 stone for 2 seater flights and 18 stone for 4 seater flights
Photographic ID may be requested
Participants of 4 seater flights may bring one interested observer as a passenger at the pilots discretion.
Lessons are available Weekdays and Weekends throughout the year
All lessons are subject to weather conditions and availability
Minimum Age: 14 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Minimum Height: 137.00 cm
Maximum Height: 193.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 88.90 kg
Spectators are more than welcome to attend and watch from the picnic and viewing areas around the Clubhouse
There is a cafeteria on site serving cold snacks and drinks
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
2 Seater 60 Minute Flying Lesson Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £249.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.