Capture and explore the historic cathedral city of York on this two hour evening photography session! York is without doubt one of the most photogenic cities in the UK - and in the world, for that matter. And under the guidance of your session leader and expert photographer Paul, who has been photographing since 1980, this one-to-one session will allow you to learn in a fun and informal way to become better acquainted with your camera and really develop your photography skills. Most who come on this course bring along a DSLR camera, but if you’ve got any camera that has the option to manually select the focus and exposure, that will be absolutely fine as well. You’re welcome to bring any extra lenses you have with you too - Paul who hosts the sessions has a range of lenses he uses on his Canon 70D camera. The time of the day that you’ll start this session as the light changes and evening falls is such a special time, as the scenery in and around York city centre becomes even more of an attraction. Covering essential skills such as focus, exposure, composition and camera controls, as you take in pictures of some iconic York landmarks, including The Shambles (which Harry Potter fans will recognise as it was the inspiration for Diagon Alley in J.K Rowling’s best selling novels), York Minster and the River Ouse. So get ready to turn auto function off and discover your creativity with a camera with this two hour evening photography workshop in York!
Takes place in & around York centre
A 2hr evening course as the light changes
Unlock your DSLR creativity!
1:1 photography tuition from an expert guide with over 10 years experience
Develop your natural photographer's eye and discover your own unique style
Learn how to get the best from your camera
Sessions are tailor-made to your needs and interests
Beginners Two Hour Evening Session
Introduction to camera control and night photography
You are welcome to invite someone along to accompany you
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Two hour sessions generally take place on weekday evenings
Dates and session times are subject to availability
Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn
Participants should bring their own camera and lenses
Most people attend with a DSLR camera, but any camera with selective focusing and exposure controls can be used
Minimum age 16
Under 18s must be accompanied by a spectating adult
This experience is suitable for those with mobility issues including wheelchair users
Although sessions are 1:1 one guest may accompany you if required
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
2 Hour Beginners Photography Evening Session in York Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £85.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.