Every locomotive enthusiast had the dream to get their hands on the controls of a train. This 1:1 Train Driving Experience along the East Kent Railway where you will drive the train on a return trip from Eythorne. Your experience will be 1:1 so you don't have to share your driving time with anyone else and have the experienced and knowledgeable instructor focused fully on you. You will either be in control of a Vanguard Class or Ruston & Hornsby diesel shunters that used to be used by the MoD. You can make the day even more special by inviting up to 4 guests to ride as passengers as you drive, a great way to share your experience with the ones you love. It's the perfect gift for someone who loves all things trains.
Drive a train on the East Kent Railway
Ex MoD shunters available
A return journey to Eythorne as driver
Invite 4 guests to ride in the brake van
Exclusive 1:1 train driving experience
Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
Get to grips with the controls on a short practice session
Drive the locomotive for a return trip to Eythorne
Information and facts about the loco from your experienced instructor
Invite up to 4 passengers to ride on the train while you drive
Experiences last around 2 hours
Drive a Vanguard Class or Ruston & Hornsby (both ex MoD) diesel shunter
Locomotives used for the experience are subject to change and specific locos can not be guaranteed
Suitable outdoor clothing and appropriate safety footwear should be worn
It is advisable to bring gloves
Spectators are welcome at no extra charge
Tuesday to Friday and some occasional Saturdays between April - October
Due to the popularity of this experience please book well in advance to avoid disappointment
Morning and afternoon sessions are generally available
Minimum Age: 18 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Maximum Weight: 200.00 kg
Participants must have a good, general level of fitness and be able to climb up and down onto a locomotive without assistance
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Split your purchase of £299.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.