Get out on the water with a Half Day Canoeing Adventure, canoeing down the River Derwent departing from Darley Dale, Derbyshire. A fully qualified and experienced canoe instructor (one of whom is a former Team GB Kayaker) will guide you down the canal with beautiful views of the countryside. The journey is around 7 km (4.8 miles) and will take you to Matlock Bath. The canoe trip is for those looking for a faster paced canoeing adventure with natural surf waves and eddies to play with as you travel down steam. Your paddle down the River Derwent will have a mix of relaxing views and exciting currents and once you are at Matlock Bath you can giver there slalom a shot to show off your canoeing skills.
Canoe trip on the Derwent River
Paddle through stunning scenery
Paddle natural surf waves and eddies on the Derwent
Enjoy a half day canoeing adventure
Guided by a fully qualified and experienced canoe leader
All safety equipment is provided
Canoes carry up to 3 people
River Derwent Adventure
Paddle from Darley Dale to Matlock Bath
The trip combines stunning scenery and small grade rapids
The journey is 7km (4.5 miles)
Minimum Age: 6 years
Maximum Age: 99 years
Maximum Height: 250.00 cm
Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
Dates and session times are subject to availability
All under 14's must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the same canoe
Participants must be able to swim and feel confident in open water
A minimum of two vouchers must be purchased for this experience
Spectators are welcome to watch the departure
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
River Derwent Canoeing Adventure Near Me
Pay in 3 interest-free payments
Split your purchase of £65.00 into 3 with no sign-up fees or late fees.
£23.00 , Today
£23.00 , 1 month
£23.00 , 2 months
Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 3.
Complete your purchase with the first payment today.
Remaining payments are taken automatically.
Available for purchases of £30 to £2,000. Pay in 3 eligibility is subject to status and approval. 18+ UK residents only. Pay in 3 is a form of credit, may not be suitable for everyone. Use may affect your credit score or make credit less accessible or more expensive for you. Consider if affordable for you. Terms and conditions apply. PayPal Pay in 3 is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.