Obtaining your race licence is the first step into Racing. The ARDS test contains both written and practical elements, in both cases the student must meet minimum standards in order to pass.
With any exam or test, there may inevitably be some nerves and apprehension at the unknown elements contained in the test and like any other exam, preparation is vital to ensure you make the standard.
We offer pre-ARDS preparation courses which are suitable for anyone who feels they would like to understand what is required before actually taking the test itself.
This consists of 1-2 hours at the venue before the actual course takes place and offers insight into both written and driving requirements of the test.
In our experience, you will vastly improve your chance of a first-time pass with the Pre-ARDS preparation course.
Welcome, introduction and briefing
Extensive knowledge of what is required to complete the ARDS course
Written and driving elements
1 instructor driven demonstration lap
10 laps driving either a track prepared Renault Clio 197/200 or Mazda MX5
Please allow up to 2 hours at the venue.
Helmets will be provided on the day. Specific car available may be subject to change in the event mechanical or operational factors.
Bruntingthorpe (Leicestershire), Dunsfold Park (Surrey), Darley Moor (Derbyshire), Mallory Park (Leicestershire).
Order a 10-month gift voucher or book directly onto any available date.
Minimum age 17
Participants must hold a full manual, valid driving licence
Minimum height 5ft
Maximum height 6ft 6
Flat soled shoes are advised to be worn, no opened toed shoes
Arm and legs must be covered when driving
All drivers must be able-bodied
Any medical conditions that may affect driving ability must be made aware of at the time of booking
Spectators are welcome at all venues with no extra charge
Disabled access may vary depending on location
Children must be supervised at all times and may not be allowed in garages or pit lane
Pets are not permitted at any circuit
Toilets, viewing areas and refreshments (at an additional cost) are available at all venues
Severe weather may cause the experience to be delayed or postponed. An alternative date will be offered to you should your experience be cancelled due to severe weather conditions. Refer to our terms and conditions for more details.
This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year. Mallory Park may only run on selected weekdays.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- Unlike other experience companies we don't just sell you a voucher and leave you to call the supplier to book yourself. We manage your entire booking process from A - Z saving you time and money on phone calls.
- We have been a booking agent for track days and experience days since 2003 and have built trusted relationships with all of the venues and suppliers. The owner and manager of trackdays.co.uk have both been around since the first launch and their combined knowledge of the industry is passed down to all new members of staff.
- We have vetted each venue and supplier and at least one of our team will have experienced the event first hand meaning we can give you honest, non-biased advice about what you are ordering.
- You are able to do your entire booking online, but if you do need to call us, our average answer time on our standard rate number is 20 seconds. Even during peak times when the phones are busier, you have the option to chat with us live online or email your enquiry.
- Once you have booked a date, we will help to ensure that you get the tickets in time for your event and will liaise with the suppliers on your behalf should you have any enquires.
- All of our customers are invited to review our service and the service of the operator running the event. As a returning customer you will be eligable for a trackdays discount code to use on your next purchase.