'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
If you grew up watching Transformers on a Saturday morning the Optimus Prime truck driving thrill is everything that you could wish for. Your experience will begin with a short drivers safety briefing followed by 15-20 minutes behind the wheel of Optimus Prime the leader of the Autobots. Feel the raw power, hear the a sound and enjoy a driving experience like nothing you have experienced before. The Optimus Prime truck used for this experience is the Kenworth W900 which is nearly identical in all areas to the original Peterbilt 379.
Arrival and sign on
Drivers safety briefing
15-20 minutes driving the authentic Kenworth W900 styled on Optimus Prime
Please allow up to 2-3 hours at the venue.
Vouchers are valid for 10-months. There is a £30 'Premium Venue Pass' upgrade fee to take this experience at Dunsfold Park. There is a £25 upgrade fee to book a weekend date at all venues for this experience. Please note availability at Perranporth, Bicester Heritage Centre and Stoneleigh will be extremely limited. You can upgrade the validity when you order.
Minimum age is 17
A full drivers license is required and must be shown on the day of the event to participate
Minimum height is 4' 10"
Maximum height is 6' 6"
Maximum weight is 18 stone
Please do not book this experience if the driver is only able to travel to one of the venue choices, they must be as flexible as the voucher is regarding venue choice and availability
Venue-specific vouchers are available to buy
Pre-purchased high-speed passenger rides take place in a performance car
In the event of the day being cancelled due to extreme weather or circumstances out of our control, you will be offered alternative dates to re-book.
Selected weekend and weekdays from January to December. Dates and spaces
fill fast and are subject to availability, please book in advance to
On the day you will be offered a 'Collision Damage Waiver' which is £25. This is optional but if it isn't taken out and you damage the vehicle you will be liable for the excess. Please be aware that if you don't opt for the £25 damage waiver, credit card details are taken for a £5000 insurance excess, however, no money is taken from the card unless there is damage to the car. Details of the waiver are made clear at the sign on. Sighting lap can be added for £10.
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- Unlike other experience companies we don't just sell you a voucher and leave you to call the supplier to book yourself. We manage your entire booking process from A - Z saving you time and money on phone calls.
- We have been a booking agent for track days and experience days since 2003 and have built trusted relationships with all of the venues and suppliers. The owner and manager of trackdays.co.uk have both been around since the first launch and their combined knowledge of the industry is passed down to all new members of staff.
- We have vetted each venue and supplier and at least one of our team will have experienced the event first hand meaning we can give you honest, non-biased advice about what you are ordering.
- You are able to do your entire booking online, but if you do need to call us, our average answer time on our standard rate number is 20 seconds. Even during peak times when the phones are busier, you have the option to chat with us live online or email your enquiry.
- Once you have booked a date, we will help to ensure that you get the tickets in time for your event and will liaise with the suppliers on your behalf should you have any enquires.
- All of our customers are invited to review our service and the service of the operator running the event. As a returning customer you will be eligable for a trackdays discount code to use on your next purchase.
Customer Reviews for the Optimus Prime Truck Driving Thrill
Here is what our customers have said about this experience
4 / 5Based on 4 reviews
25 July 2021
Great experience, instructor was brilliant and all the staff very friendly and approachable. There were a lot of people on the day and it felt chaotic at times, hence 4 stars.
25 July 2021
Such a brill day, they processed 700 drivers in a day but it was a well run thrill of a day. They only thing to improve is the instructions to get there and the refreshment facilities
25 October 2020
Brilliant day and amazing instructors. You cant just do one though and having the option to purchase further experiences while there is brilliant! Only downside was that the lorry was off track although after driving it I can understand why! 100% recommend to anyone.
16 February 2020
I was a little disappointed in the high speed run in the BMW because the driver had to keep braking because there were so many other cars on the track and felt 2 circuits would have been better value.