'Eligible for exchange' means that if the recipient of the voucher decides they would rather choose a different experience, they can use the cash value of the voucher as credit to purchase anything else from the website (and make a top up payment if required).
Why buy from us?
Take a trip down memory lane with this one of a kind classic car driving experience. Drive Dad's, Mum's, your first car, or even the car you always wanted, with over 20 British classics, manufactured between 1935 and 1995, to choose from. With an expert instructor accompanying you throughout, you'll take your two chosen classics for 40 minutes of driving - 20 minutes in each - on a closed road course. You'll likely be in control of a vehicle with less power than your current car, with brakes and steering that'll require more effort than you've been used to, but that's all part of the experience. Listen to the sounds, appreciate the quirks and get to grips with what driving was like in times gone by.British classics to choose from include; Austin Allegro, Austin Maestro, Morris Ital, Mini, Austin Metro, Morris Minor 1000, Austin 1300 GT, Ford Fiesta, Ford Escort, Ford Cortina. Ford Capri, Ford Sierra, Ford Granada, Vauxhall Chevette, Vauxhall Astra, Vauxhall Cavalier, Austin 7, Reliant Robin, Morris Minor, Hillman Imp.
Arrival and sign-on
In-car safety briefing with an experienced instructor
Up to 20 minutes driving your first classic car
Up to 20 minutes driving your second classic car
Free adult admission for you and guest to the Great British Car Journey exhibition
Additional tickets available at group discount prices
Please allow up to 1.5 hours for your experience.
The Great British Car Journey exhibition has disabled access, toilets, baby changing facilities, an interactive audiovisual guide and a riverside cafeteria.
Vouchers are valid for 10 months from the date of purchase. You can upgrade the validity when you order.
Minimum age 17
Drivers must hold a full manual UK or equivalent international driving licence
The operator reserves the right to substitute any vehicle due to unforeseen circumstances such as mechanical failure.
Minimum height 5'
Maximum height 6'5"
Maximum weight 18 stone
Anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate
Please note cars are subject to change and availability on the day
Spectators are welcome - entry tickets for spectators to gain admission to the Great British Car Journey can be purchased in advance or on the day
Vouchers are valid for 10-months from the date of purchase
Severe weather may cause the experience to be delayed or postponed. Refer to our terms and conditions for more details.
Weekdays and weekends from May 2021. Dates are subject to availability.
Great British Car Journey Opening Times
April-October 10:00-17:30 (Last admission 16:00)
November-March 10:30-16:30 (Last admission 15:00)
Closed on selected days during the year
Our ethos is that your 'experience' should begin from the moment you first browse the site and we can deliver this because of:
- once you buy a voucher you are not then left to book the experience yourself. We handle your booking from A-Z, not only providing online dates but also dealing with the supplier to secure your date. Even after you have had your experience, we will ask you for a review of the event to ensure everything went ok.
- Our core staff have been working in the industry since 2004 and have all the experience necessary to deliver the experience that is perfect for you.
- Each venue and provider has been vetted by us and reviewed by our customers meaning we can give you honest, unbiased advice about what you are ordering.
- We have 3 lines of communication; phone, chat and email and our customer service centre is open 6 days a week. The average answer time for our call centre to answer is 20 seconds and we have a vast help section where you should be able to find any answer online.
- Once you have chosen a date, we will help to ensure that you get the confirmation in time for your event and if need be we will liaise with the supplier on your behalf if there is a problem.
- After each event we invite our customers to review the venue and the provider. This valuable feedback is then used to improve our service and also made public to other customers considering the same event. As a returning customer you will be eligible for a trackdays.co.uk discount code to use on your next purchase.
Double Drive Dad's Car Experience - Classics Near Me