Learn to Drift Half Day Drifting Experience at Rockingham
Get those tires smoking and learn to drift a performance drift-ready car on this awesome half day experience at Rockingham in Northamptonshire.
Learn the basics in either a Nissan R33 Skyline, Nissan S14/S14a 200SX or a Lexus IS200 drift car before putting your newly learnt skills to the test on a final 4 lap drifting session. Finish off experiencing first-hand what it's like to be a passenger in a car with a driver who competes in one of the many national or international drift series where a competitive environment will be replicated.
You can book a 10-month gift voucher or book directly onto any date. Please note, this experience is available at multiple venues so please check which dates are for which venue before booking.
Welcome, introduction and safety briefing.
Doughnuts – get taught how to do that perfect doughnut and control the car using steering and throttle control, maintaining that perfect circular slide.
Figures of 8 – learn how to control the car while the weight is shifting from one direction to the other, using steering/counter steering and throttle control.
Short Circuit – be taught how to navigate the car with a mixture of left hand and right-hand bends, with 4 attempts of the short circuit, the instructor will give you a demo lap, then your chance to beat the instructor.
3-lap high-speed passenger ride (replicating a competition routine) - a lead car is sent and a chase car will follow in close proximity. You then have to hold your nerve as the drivers drift the cars as close as they can without touching.
The instructor is alongside you for all the above driving sessions. They will be pushing you hard and fast to learn doughnuts, weight shift techniques as quickly as possible before your final 4 attempts at drifting around the short circuit.
Be prepared for some light-hearted banter from the cheeky instructors and note that the cars are put through their paces and won't look like they have come straight off the showroom floor.
*Add an additional 3 high-speed passenger rides for £10.
You will be at the venue for approx 3.5-4 hours. There will be some waiting time between each driving session but you can expect a minimum of 20 minutes behind the wheel.
A full UK (or equivalent) manual driving license is required
You'll be required to provide proof of your driving licence (card part only) along with your voucher/confirmation
Please note, this experience is available at multiple venues so please check which dates are for which venue before booking
The surface conditions on the day may affect drive time due to tyre wear
The provider will endeavour to give each driver the maximum possible time behind the wheel
Expected driving time – 20-30 minutes during the session in either a Nissan R33 Skyline, Nissan S14/S14a 200SX or a Lexus IS200
Arms and legs must be covered throughout your experience
Please note, if you're driving to Rockingham, you'll be required to provide your vehicle registration number before attending
Severe weather may cause the event to be delayed or postponed.
This event runs on selected dates year round at a choice of venues.
If you do not have a driving license you will be required to pay an insurance premium on the day of the event. You will be offered a collision damage waiver on the day if you wish to cover yourself should you damage a vehicle. This is optional and will not prevent you from taking part if you do not wish to take it.
- Unlike other experience companies we don't just sell you a voucher and leave you to call the supplier to book yourself. We manage your entire booking process from A - Z saving you time and money on phone calls.
- We have been a booking agent for track days and experience days since 2003 and have built trusted relationships with all of the venues and suppliers. The owner and manager of trackdays.co.uk have both been around since the first launch and their combined knowledge of the industry is passed down to all new members of staff.
- We have vetted each venue and supplier and at least one of our team will have experienced the event first hand meaning we can give you honest, non-biased advice about what you are ordering.
- You are able to do your entire booking online, but if you do need to call us, our average answer time on our standard rate number is 20 seconds. Even during peak times when the phones are busier, you have the option to chat with us live online or email your enquiry.
- Once you have booked a date, we will help to ensure that you get the tickets in time for your event and will liaise with the suppliers on your behalf should you have any enquires.
Drive a replica of the 1978 Movie Car from Smokey and the Bandit. This Pontiac Trans Am has a 6.6 litre V8 engine and looks exactly like the car from the film. You can drive it for 3 - 6 miles with this movie car driving experience from Trackdays.co.uk